Thursday 24 November 2016

postgis - QGIS DB manager Import layer/file tool won't allow me to choose "Append data to table"


I want to append some data to a layer in my PostGIS DB using a shapefile, but when I use the Import layer/file tool in QGIS, it doesn't allow me to choose the append option. Why is this and how do I get it to allow me to append?


enter image description here



Answer



Same problem goes for me with the DB manager in QGIS - Append not available.


But it is pretty stright forward in pgAdmin III with the plugin 'PostGIS Shapefile Import/Export Manager'.


Be sure to set Mode to Append, SRID, Table name to name of table to append to. Also in Import Options disable 'Create spatial index automatically after load'.



PostGIS shapefile importer


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...