Thursday 17 November 2016

field calculator - Trouble with creating new attributes on large shapefile?


I have a point shapefile with ~2.5 million points. I am creating a new attribute converting ft to m, and QGIS (2.18.15) is having trouble working with the datasets. I have seen suggestions to only do this through the main window, which sped up the creation of the attribute, but now the hangup seems to be saving the changes. This has been occupying 30 of the write capacity of my hard drive for over 30 minutes now.


Do I just need to be more patient or is this an issue with QGIS? I did this previously when I had access to ArcGIS and it went pretty quickly.




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...