Wednesday 24 August 2016

Summing multiple routes using ArcGIS Network Analyst?


I have been working with Network Analyst to try and solve the following problem, but the only solution I have found is tedious for more than about 4-5 origins and destinations.


I have a set of about 20 origins and 100 destinations connected via a network. Goods should move from specified origins to specified destinations via a least cost (shortest distance) route along the network. So, there are 2000 total routes. Each routes has a quantity of goods associated with it, for instance, Origin A sends 1000 kg of goods to Destination 1, 500 kg of goods to Destination 2, etc.


First, is there a way to process all 2000 routes at the same time? Second, is there a way to sum the total amount of goods and total number of shipments that move along each part of the network. For example, if 20 shipments carrying 15000 (total) kg of goods move through a high traffic area, can I weight that part of the resulting routes file to be thicker/heavier than a part of the network that receives 1 shipment carrying 100 kg of goods. Therefore, congestion areas could be identified. Ideally, I would like to be able to sum both the number of shipments and total goods transported along each part of the network.


I suspect I need to use Model Builder, but maybe there is a solution I am overlooking.




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...