Monday 29 August 2016

labeling - When labelling polygons, not all labels are displayed - QGIS 1.7.0


I am trying to create a simple map of Mexico showing the state polygons and their label.


The state shapefile is from here, and the specific file is the first one from the top (Áreas Geoestadísticas Estatales (7.43 Mb)).


I edited the attribute table to create a new column with shorter state names called NOM_SHORT.


To add labels I used the "ABC" dialog as below: enter image description here


However not all states were labelled, including Oaxaca and San Luis Potosí, as shown below (painted in light grey). Why? enter image description here


Here is attribute table: enter image description here



Answer



Though I am not a programer I think this is a bug in QGIS. My solution was to use ArcGIS for this task.



No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...