Monday 22 August 2016

Coordinate points not lining up with a preexisting map on QGIS


I asked this question once before, but I did not receive any feedback on solving on the issue and I am still confused as to what I am doing wrong.


I found a public domain map of Florida counties on Google. All I want to do is add coordinate points from a cvs file to the map. It should be simple, right? Apparently not. I made a cvs file with latitude/ longitude and x,y coordinates, but the points do not line up with the map. Yes, I DID have the same projection for both layers. The counties map had a projection of EPSG 2237, NAD 83/ Florida West (ftUS), so I changed the cvs file to have that same exact projection. I also made negative values for the longitude coordinates for United States. I tried this with various Florida maps to see if the counties map I found was just wrong, but every map I tried had the same issue. I tried various types of x and y coordinates for the points, and nothing was better. This really should be a simple thing to do, so I really would like to know what I'm doing wrong.




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...