Wednesday 24 August 2016

Georeferencing using GDAL?


I have a .tiff image that I am trying to overlay in google earth. For that I require to georeference it first. The image projection is UTM with NAD83 as datum. I know the lat/long of the four corners of the image.


I am doing the following way:




  1. gdalinfo to get the four coordinates.

  2. gdal_translate to specify lat/long info

  3. gdal2tiles.py to tile the image.


The only thing is bugging me is that I never specified UTM and NAD83, then how come it can overlay my image? Does anybody know how to specify this projection information?




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...