Sunday 21 August 2016

open source gis - Where can I find a GDAL distribution with DWG support?


I want to use the GDAL utility ogrinfo with dwg files. Where can I find an GDAL distribution with a support for DWG files (read only)?


DWG support is moved out of the normal GDAL/OGR source distribution. I found this documentation how to include DWG into ogrinfo. But I do not know how to build an executable from a source code. So I am looking for a “ready to use” distribution of gdal (ogrinfo) with DWG support.


Thanks


Jens




Answer



DWG is a proprietary format owned by Autodesk -> people aren't allowed to just reverse engeneeir it. I believe that the commercial teiga package (what ogr uses for DWG support) requires licencing: you have the pay a montly fee . OSGEO can't include it in their distribution, only paying members can.


Mayby you can use their converter to convert you DWG to DXF, this format is available in most versions of ogr/gdal


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...