Tuesday 23 August 2016

Changing line width by classification in QGIS


I am using QGIS 2.18.18


I have a map of rivers and I want to style them based on their width. I have width as an attribute of the rivers layer.


Just as we can style colors by category or graduated styling, I want to do the same with width. Currently I use an expression editor for data driven override (circled in the picture) after which I have to manually classify everything. If classification could be done by quantiles, jenks or other breaks automatically, then it would be easier for me to see which classification has what effect on my map. As I said, that is possible with color, but I cannot figure out how to do it with width


If there is a way to do it without code that would be great, as I haven't learnt that yet. If there isn't, then I'll implement it once I learn code.


enter image description here



Answer



You can use graduted stylings for color and also size when using point or line features. In case of lines the size is used to classify the width. There you find also the options for natural breaks and other classifications.


enter image description here


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...