Wednesday 6 April 2016

Nested polygons in QGIS overlap and don't show the real colour gradient


I am working with nested polygons in QGIS and each of them has got a specific let's say n (numeric) value represented with a given colour gradient.





  • All my polygons are loaded into one shapefile




  • If I use Feature blending mode = Normal I miss (don't know why) some of the nested polygons, but colours are ok, see below:


    enter image description here




  • If I use Feature blending mode = Multiply QGIS shows me ALL the polygons BUT for all of them their colours overlap and their areas become darker than the reality, see below:


    enter image description here





What I need is to show ALL my polygons with their real (not-overlapped) colour gradient.


Is there a way I can get around this?



Answer



To modify the above topology, you need to use GRASS -> v.clean from Processing toolbox -> GRASS GIS 7 commands -> Vector -> v.clean, and in cleaning tool use Break, as you can see below:


enter image description here


You may need to re-enter the values in attribute table after cleaning your polygon shapefile.


You can refer to my answer to the question: Cutting all polygons with each other - mega slicing for illustrations.


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...