Saturday 2 April 2016

Getting legend label on multiple lines in QGIS?


This question was posted in 2011, and someone has said that QGIS now allows multiple lines for legend entries, but no one mentioned how to do this. I am running wein 2.8.1 and I cannot figure out how to get my legend entry on multiple lines other than manually using text.



enter image description here



Answer



In QGIS 2.8 Composer, there's a Wrap text on option in the Item properties tab when you add a legend which lets you enter a character where you want the new line to start. What I normally do is use the * character in the layer's name for where I want the new line. Then input the * into the Wrap text option.


(I'm using QGIS 2.8.2-Wien):


Layer names


Wrap text options


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...