Monday 18 February 2019

spatial join - Populating polygon with most frequent point attribute using QGIS?



What I have is two features, a polygon showing wards, and a point shapefile showing properties which has an attribute detailing the type of consumer within the household, such as country living, urban cohesion, family basics etc.


The point data has a lot of features, as you'd expect, and what I am trying to do is workout what type of consumers live within a particular ward. Obviously within a single ward there will be a variety of consumers, so I am after finding the most common consumer. So ward x may be classified as mainly country living consumers, ward y family basics etc. The end result will likely be a new field in the ward shapefile with attribute for each ward with the most frequent consumer type.


I have tried a few things, in both ArcGIS and QGIS, such as spatial joins but I am not having much luck.




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...