Sunday 17 February 2019

qgis - Why are the holes in my polygons not generalized?


I have one polygon layer with many holes. I would like to generalize it. I used v.generalize of grass. With it, I used chaiken algorithm. But, only the borders of polygons were generalized, the holes in them haven't smoothed their edges.


What can I do to smooth all edges (adding hole edges) of polygon?


Holes with serrated edges



Answer




I recommend you to use the brand new geoalgorithm from QGIS 2.14.1, named Smooth.py


With Smooth Geometry it's possible to smooth the entire polygon, not only the boundaries, as in Chaiken method from v.generalize


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...