Tuesday 26 February 2019

Problems adding KML layer in OpenLayers


I'm stuggling to add a KML layer to a simple test OpenLayers map - no errors are shown, but the KML layer does not display on the map.


I've tried multiple samples including the Sundials on a Spherical Mercator sample and the Layers help page. I can open this example in Firefox and see the KML points on the map without error.


I copied this sample's source code and adjusted the paths to the CSS, JS and KML files to use full paths.


However, when opening this map the KML points are not displayed. Firebug shows GET sundials.kml on the working example from OpenLayers, but OPTIONS sundials.kml on my version.


Any advice on what I'm doing wrong? Thanks



















KML Layer Example





kml, popup, feature



Demonstrates loading and displaying a KML file on top of a basemap.










Answer



Firebug says that XMLHttpRequest cannot load http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/kml/sundials.kml. Origin null is not allowed by Access-Control-Allow-Origin. So you can move original kml file to the same host as your OpenLayers application or set up proxy.


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...