Friday 22 February 2019

symbology - Are there any icons for GIS mapping?



I am trying to find alternative symbology for GIS maps and web apps I occasionally produce. Esri has done a great job collecting and categorizing thousands of symbols, markers, line and polygon styles. For instance, here one can find all 9.3 symbology available in ArcGIS. They are available as individual categories here, too. I have also seen a great resource page on Esri Mapping Center with lots of additional styles. Quite many links on symbology standards here, too.


I am however looking for any good resources with symbology that can be not necessary related to mapping/physical geography, but rather something that describes world around us. The one I liked really much is available here, which is part of this library. I fully understand that there are plenty of resources like mapicons. Any other website worth visiting when looking for icons for map symbols?



Answer



There's the Maki Icon Project, its GitHub project page also has ArcGIS .style and .serverstyle files.


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...