Thursday 14 February 2019

qgis - How to create an animated map?


I am seeking to create an animated map illustrating the simultaneous movement of different objects across a large area over time.


The display should be capable of playing automatically, or by manually selecting a date and/or period.


I would like to retain the interrogable capability of a digital map (zoom and query a database or attributes) while paused, so I do not want to merely create raster images and and incorporate them into a slide show.


Rather I want vector data moving across a base map.


Does anyone know how to perform this trick using QGIS, GeoServer or ArcGIS for Desktop?




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...