Monday 25 February 2019

qgis - Hillshade shows grid texture artifacts


I tried to make an hillshade and a slope map from a DTM using QGIS but the result shows some artifacts.


As you can see in the picture there is a grid texture in the hillshade and the slope map.


hillshade and slope


I downloaded the DTM files from:


http://opendata.regione.abruzzo.it/content/modello-digitale-del-terreno-risoluzione-10x10-metri.


The DTMs have the UTM-WGS84 coordinate system and a resolution of 10m. Every DTM is a GeoTIFF floating point 32 bits with a TFW associated.



I used the VRT builder to generate e virtual raster from the DTMs, then I used Warp to reproject the VRT into the same coordinate system of the original DTMs but using bilinear interpolation as "resampling method". I used the reprojected raster to make the hillshade but the grid texture was still there. Then I changed the "output raster type" to Int32 in the Warp tool, and I used the output to generate another hillshade but the texture was still clearly visible.


Do you have any idea why this is happening?




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...