Sunday 20 August 2017

wmts - QGIS 2.4: Basemap.at is displayed in poor quality


I have a huge problem displaying the austrian Basemap.at WMTS Service in QGIS 2.4. When I add the service, qgis logs multiple errors on failed tile requests. When I zoom into the map, it is displayed in a very poor quality (see screenshot).
I really don't know how to fix this problem - can anyone tell me how to increase the quality of the tiles?


WMTS URL: http://maps.wien.gv.at/basemap/1.0.0/WMTSCapabilities.xml Basemap.at Scrennshot: Poor Quality

UPDATE 1:
I tried setting the resampling methods in QGIS to Cubic/Average, as you guys advised me to and compared the result with the same zoomlevel in ArcGIS. In this screenshot you can see the result: At the same scale level QGIS just skips an entire tile level, whereas arcgis loads this level correctly. - Any other ideas? enter image description here



Answer



After some experiments I found out that the core of this problem is related to the predefined scale levels QGIS uses. Through the slider provided at View > Panels > Tile Scales I could gather more information about the WMTS-Scale Levels the Basemap.at WMTS scales at. As a next step i went to Settings > Options > Map Tools and replaced the scales which are defined as default with the Basemap.at scale-values through the following XML-code:


    























When you now reload the map, the quality of the map will be outstanding!


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...