Sunday 20 August 2017

What are the methods for calculating area from a raster in QGIS?


I have to calculate area from a georeferenced tiff image. I want to find the whole area in the raster. The two methods I tried was : 1.Using the area measurement tool in QGIS toolbar. 2.Vectorized the raster . Extracted the number of pixels. Calculated pixel resolution in QGIS. Multiplied the number of pixels with area of one pixel.


The area measured in the 2 methods gave two different values. Could you tell me any another method other than Calculating area of rasters in QGIS?




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...