Wednesday 23 August 2017

python - Script to extract UTM Zone using Range and Meridian information


I am looking for a python or php script that will accept the Range and Meridian values of a location and use it to identify the UTM zone.


I have a table that comprises of Easting, Northing, Range and Meridian but I'm missing the UTM zones of these points. I am able to manually identify the UTM zone knowing the range and Meridian of the location. I wish to automate this by using a python script that will scan in these parameters as variables and extract the UTM zones based on the parameters.


Can someone please help me out! It will really be exciting to achieve this as I really need to get it going, its so clumsy having to go through thousands of point data to this manually.





Meridian      Range      UTM Zone

W1M 1 to 30 14

W2M 1 to 30 13

W3M 1 to 15 13

16 to 30 12


W4M 1 to 30 12

W5M 1 to 30 11

Every data collected is described by a combination of meridian and range value. e.g NW-05-046-06-W4M to NW-05-046-05-W5M.




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...