Saturday 19 August 2017

openlayers 2 - Adding custom map tile layer using QGIS?



I am trying to display the following background map in QGIS 2.0: http://server.arcgisonline.com/ArcGIS/rest/services/World_Topo_Map/MapServer/tile/${z}/${y}/${x}. In a custom web map client, this is quite easy: http://dev.openlayers.org/releases/OpenLayers-2.13.1/examples/xyz-esri.html


I tried to use the "OpenLayers plugin" in QGIS, but there the list of background tile maps is predefined and I cannot add my own custom map tile layer.


Is there any easy workaround (without any programming) how I could show the custom map tiles layer in QGIS?



Answer



Unfortunately, TileLayerPlugin is compatible with QGIS versions 2.8 - 2.99


So, the other option to add custom tiles stored locally on disk - fill in URL (I use Linux, for Windows I suppose you have to change backslashes):


file:///path/to/your/custom/tiles/{z}/{x}/{y}.png

example


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...