Thursday 31 August 2017

arcmap - How can I import layer symbology from another layer programmaticaly with ArcObjects & VBA?


I would like to be able to develop a procedure that runs through all layers in the TOC and if the layer (name) exists in a specific folder where I am storing layer files with complex symbology I would like to import the procedure to import the symbology from the layer files. I have a similar procedure for importing stored Label schema so combining the two into a more dynamic solution would save me a lot of time. Thanks



Answer



A while back, I wrote some VB code to persist and de-persist renderers in ArcObjects. It's a slightly different spin on your question but I think what you need is there. The code can be found at: http://arcscripts.esri.com/details.asp?dbid=12474


I hope this helps.


Bill


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...