Sunday 20 August 2017

Removing sliver polygons in ArcGIS Desktop?


I unioned 2 layers into 1 layer, and it created sliver polygons.


I used the elimination tool to merge them with neighboring polygons.


As as result, it merges all sliver polygons to only one polygon (selected in the picture).


What I need, is that, every sliver polygon to be added to its neighboring polygon.


How that could be achieved?


I am using ArcGIS Desktop 10.



enter image description here



Answer



I solved it myself.


After unioning the layers, the silver polygons were added as a single polygon.


Therefore I had to use the Explode Multi-part Feature tool from advanced editing toolbar, which separated the polygon into multiple single polygons.


Then the Elimination tool was able to add the polygons to neighboring polygons easily.


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...