Monday 18 March 2019

windows - Getting started with gdal/ogr



I found some batch code using ogr2ogr in order to convert and reproject vector layers. The difficulty for me is to know what to install and which gdal commandline should I use, and how to configure it...


The fact is I'm quite lost with all the packages that gdal offers and I don't know :




  1. which package am I supposed to install : OSGeo4W, FWTools, MS4W,...?? What is the difference between them ? Can I use any of them ?





  2. What is the procedure to set PATH and environment variables ? I work with windows 7.




  3. I have already QGIS and GRASS installed on my computer. Is an installation of gdal could damage anything ?






No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...