Wednesday 27 March 2019

Draw horizontal or vertical lines in QGIS?


I create a new shapefile layer as a line. Then I activated editing mode and want to draw vertical or horizontal lines with add feature but holding shift does not allow to draw a horizontal or vertical line (I used QGIS 2.14.4).


How can I draw horizontal or vertical lines as a shapefile?



Answer



The CADTools plugin has a feature named Orthogonal Digitizing.


While in editing mode of a line or polygon layer, holding ctrl allows to draw orthogonal lines.


Furthermore, the QAD plugin snaps to the horizontal or vertical axis when drawing a LINE object.


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...