Sunday 24 March 2019

Using QGIS vertex editor?



I'm having two main problems:





  1. When hovering over a map with multiple layers, even though I only have one layer editable and visible, I am seeing all the nodes of all layers show up as red dots when hovering over the map canvas, making it impossible to select nodes of the layer I am actually working on. Can this behaviour be turned off? It may be related to the option for editing only the selected layer, but I can't actually find this under Settings | Options and maybe it is no longer there? It seems that I can only edit the selected layer anyway, so why do the dots need to show up at all? I have checked snapping settings and have the new topological editing option turned off.




  2. I am finding editing of polygons extremely difficult and clunky now. It is now not possible to move a node with a simple mouse drag. It seems that it is now necessary to drag a new node from a vertex to the new position, then delete the old node. Selection can be done by keyboard or mouse, but deletion can only be done by hitting delete on the keyboard, so the whole procedure takes several seconds. However, what usually happens is that when attempting to create a new node, several connected vertices do move at once even if no nodes are selected. Other strange things are also happening.






No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...