Monday 18 March 2019

Placing label designs in legend of ArcGIS Desktop?


I'm working in ArcGIS 9.3.1 and apart from "regular" slayers with symbology, I have a few layers which I do not show their symbol on the map, but only their label (for example: cities layer in which I've made the point symbols transparent and their labels printed in blue).


Is there any way I can show the labels of the layers on the legend instead of their symbols (which is the default)??



Answer



The nearest you can get is: http://webhelp.esri.com/arcgisdesktop/9.3/index.cfm?topicname=adding_mixed_format_text_to_legend_descriptions


alt text



ArcGIS 10 has more capabilities (not what you want to hear) http://help.arcgis.com/en/arcgisdesktop/10.0/help/index.html#//00s80000000q000000.htm


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...