Tuesday 27 February 2018

Set Relative Hyperlink to open windows explorer using Actions in QGIS


I am wondering how to solve this problem I am having. I am trying to make an action in QGIS when I click on my feature, windows explorer will display the folder for that feature. I have the folder name in the attribute column, and an absolute path to the top level of the folder in the Actions.


I have looked up how to hyperlink in QGIS and have looked on the forums, but I have not been able to find a good solution to my questions. I have tried the eVis plugin and it is not a solution I am looking for. I want specifically windows explorer to open when using action on a feature, which is set using relative path.


I hope the screen capture shows up, but if not... In Layer Properties - Feature|Actions, the Type is set to Windows, the name is Folder, the action is recorded as: explorer C:\Users\Me\Desktop\TN\Test\Picture[%"Hyperlink"%]


How would I get the recorded action set to a relative path instead of an absolute path?




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...