Saturday 17 February 2018

mapwindow - How to get all the lat/long coords that define a shapefile


I have a Shapefile with several shapes inside it.


Using MapWindow I have been able to determine that the shape I need is the one with shapeId 19.


As you can probably tell I have very little experience with GIS in general but I think I have come to the right place to ask for help.



What I need is to extract all the lat/long coordinates that determine the shape.


Is it possible to do this using MapWindow or do I need to use some other software?


If more information is needed to help, please comment and I will update as soon as possible.


Any help is appreciated as this is driving me crazy!



Answer



QGIS can help. Check this answer (the WKT part) to a similar question: Converting tax map polygons from Shapefile to table of map number and corner coordinates


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...