Monday 19 February 2018

raster - Generating DEMs from point clouds and differencing them?


I have two point clouds obtained via structure from motion (ground photos of sand-dunes + Visual SfM/Agisoft Photoscan).



If I wanted to generate a DEM from these point clouds and difference them to look at elevation/sediment change, how would I go about doing this?


Is there any free software that can achieve this easily? I am a beginner at using GIS software.


At the moment I am using the free trial of Agisoft Photoscan, which can export the point cloud in Wavefront OBJ, Stanford PLY, XYZ text file, U3D, ASPRS LAS, and PDF formats.



Answer



You want to generate DEMs from point clouds, and then, compare such DEMs.


The following posts have examples using free software:




  1. Generating DEMs from point clouds:








  1. Comparison of DEMs:





No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...