Thursday 22 February 2018

print composer - Putting scale bar labels below scale bar in QGIS?


I added two scale elements to my map composition. For layout harmonisation, I want the ticks and the label text below the scale bar.


Standard is this: This is what I get.


What I want is this (manually changed in the image): enter image description here


Is there an option in QGIS for this?




Answer



I don't think there's an option yet which allows you to put the units below the scalebar. An alternative could be to:




  1. Modify your current scalebar and set its Font colour to match the background colour:


    Item Properties > Fonts and colours > Font colour


  2. Copy your scalebar and paste it directly below your original scalebar. Then set its Font colour to black and its Line colour to transparent:


    Item Properties > Fonts and colours > Font colour

    > Line colour


  3. You can then select your scalebars and group them, allowing you to move them easily as if they were one:


    Scalebars




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...