Monday 12 February 2018

qgis - How to export polygon coordinates to CSV (not WKT)?


I am trying to export polygon coordinates from a shapefile to a CSV file, but so far all my attempts have failed. I have found numerous questions and answers about this, but none have solved my problem.



I have downloaded the file


www.naturalearthdata.com/http//www.naturalearthdata.com/download/10m/cultural/ne_10m_admin_0_countries.zip


which is a shapefile containing a basic world map. I have imported the shapefile into QGIS by adding a vector layer, and then I try to export the polygons with coordinates for each country. The tips that I have found suggest either saving the layer by right-clicking it and then selecting Save as or opening the attribute table and copying it into Excel. If I try these I only get master information with one row for each country in the map.


Does anyone know how I can retrieve detail information for each country containing the polygons with coordinates?



Answer



Use the plugin MMQGIS to export geometry to csv. I just try with your file, it works perfectly.


enter image description here


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...