Tuesday 27 February 2018

r - Why does ManageR and rpy2 not work in QGIS (1.8.0-Lisboa)?


I have been trying to get R scripts to function and ManageR to work within QGIS (1.8.0-Lisboa). (Windows 7). Python2.7.5. Two problems indicated that R was not working in QGis.


First - when I run an R script there is not output in the pop-up window. Second - when I click on ManageR (bottom right corner of Qgis) it tells me I should either install rpy2 or check my installation of rpy2.


So, installing (checking rpy2). This in itself has proved very problematic. I found the following posts and 'quick-fix' software:


https://stackoverflow.com/questions/11928277/rpy2-and-python-installation-road-block https://bitbucket.org/breisfeld/rpy2_w32_fix/issue/1/binary-installer-for-win32


followed the instructions but still to no avail. Sadly I am no computer genius. I can follow simple instructions but am not up to fixing anything myself. So, guys. This is as much a request as a question. (a) how to fix, (b) is anybody working to fix this?


many thanks BW




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...