Saturday 20 January 2018

Save a table in ascending order in order to avoid overlapping proportional circles (QGIS)



Is there a quick way to sort an attribute table in QGIS in ascending order permanently and save it? When you make a map with proportional circles in QGIS the circles overlaps between each other according to their sorting order. I want the smaller circle above the bigger which is why I think sorting can solve this issue.



Note: If I click on the header, the table will be sorted in ascending order using the clicked column. However, if I save it that way and I open it again nothing has changed about row order.



Answer



Finally, that is a very easy treatment with the MMQGIS plugin (Quantum GIS Plugin Repository). It allows to rewrite on another table using selected column and chosen order.


enter image description here


It also works for the circles problem


enter image description here


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...