Saturday 27 January 2018

arcgis desktop - Georeferencing PDF maps for use in Avenza PDF maps


I have PDF maps like the one below (normally PDF, but JPEG for this) that I would like to be able to georeference to use with Avenza PDF maps.


I don't have GIS training, but have access to Arcmap 10.1 and Global Mapper (I looked at the Avenza software, but it is out of my price range).


How involved is Georeferencing the maps? I have the scale, projections and GPS points but am unsure of how to proceed.



Map M



Answer



Georeferencing raster datasets like your JPG files should be straightforward in ArcGIS 10.1 for Desktop.


The steps and options are well documented in the Online Help under Fundamentals of georeferencing a raster dataset.


I would try georeferencing to your GPS points first.


I recommend giving it a try and then you will be in a position to come back to research/ask additional questions if you get stuck.


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...