Tuesday 30 January 2018

QGIS 2.12 & Ubuntu 14.04 SAGA installation not found


Installing QGIS 2.12 on Ubuntu 14.04 from the debian trusty ppa. Upon opening QGIS I notice the following error under the Processing tab:


Problem with SAGA installation: SAGA was not found 
or is not correctly installed

If I execute sudo apt-get install saga I then get that the version installed (2.1) is unsupported.


I did make sure to "properly" purge QGIS before installing as in QGIS install on Ubuntu 14.04 fails



Looking inside ~/.qgis2/python/plugins/processing/algs folder it does seem like SAGA is installed... but how to get QGIS to recognize it?



Answer



Per @wildintellect's suggestion:




  1. I changed package sources from qgis.org/debian to ubuntugis, so my /etc/apt/sources.list looks like


    deb http://qgis.org/ubuntugis trusty main
    deb-src http://qgis.org/ubuntugis trusty main
    deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/ubuntugis/ubuntugis-unstable/ubuntu trusty main



  2. Next I purged qgis using sudo apt-get --purge remove qgis python-qgis qgis-plugin-grass



  3. Purge extraneous packages with sudo apt-get autoremove

  4. Update repositories with sudo apt-get update

  5. Install sudo apt-get install qgis python-qgis qgis-plugin-grass saga (note saga in that command).


After this, no more warning of a missing install.


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...