Tuesday 30 January 2018

enterprise geodatabase - Avoiding exclusive schema lock error with ArcPy?


I have a script for updating some features on my database every night (just for copying and replacing some features). This features are "read-only". My problem is that I can't avoid that these features are opened by users, and my script can show the following error:



ExecuteError: ERROR 000464: Cannot get exclusive schema lock. 
Either being edited or in use by another application.

Can I force the phyton script, via some command, copying the files, even been opened by some user? Can I take down all the connections on my database before running the script?




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...