Saturday 14 November 2015

raster - Create world file from kml


I have a KML file for a NASA image. I want to create a world file from it so I can use the image in say QGIS. Is it possible to extract the key info (bounding coordinates) from the KML? It seems to be made up of lots of links to smaller tiles of the image



There is already another post on here (I can't post any more links, but search for "export-georeferenced-image-overlay-from-kml" which points to WorldFileTool and a KMZ to worldfile converter


The first (WorldFileTool) seems to never link to the all important zip file


The second throws an error when I run it.


Hence I am a bit stumped. I can georeference it by hand if needs be, but I had hoped the KML might give me the easy answer.


Any suggestions would be great.




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...