Wednesday 25 November 2015

mobile - Setting up account to start using Collector for ArcGIS?


I'm working on a presentation topic around mobile-based data collection solutions. I've used ODK and Fulcrum in production and absolutely love them. However, I'm going to be presenting to an Esri crowd so I want to at least add Collector for ArcGIS to the pool of candidates for comparison.


How do you get this working?


It's difficult to "test" this product out. I've had an Esri global account now for about 10 years. I can't use that ArcGIS.com account in collector because it is not an "organizational account" (which I don't understand because it is the login tied to our corporate licenses). I created a new account using the "30-day Free Trial" found at http://www.esri.com/software/arcgis/arcgisonline.


I created a new map, added an editable layer to the map, saved the map, shared the map publicly, and to a fake group I made, I even added a dummy email (user account) as a member of the group/organization, and yet when I go into Collector and login with either my admin email, or the dummy email, no maps show to be available.


I've been poking around online and within the Esri forums this morning for about 3 hours trying to troubleshoot the issue. My first thought was that I couldn't use Collector with a "trial" ArcGIS Online account, but most everything I read from Esri reps stated otherwise. Perhaps that has changed.


Does anyone have any insight to provide on this issue?




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...