Wednesday 18 November 2015

polygon - How to connect points with a polyline in ArcMap 10?


I have a layer containing a few hundred points representing a survey track. The points are laid out in chronological order in the corresponding attribute table.


How can I have ArcMap 10 automatically "connect the dots" so that I essentially turn the points into a polyline representation of my survey track?


Thanks!


BTW, is there a way for me to specify a few of those points for ArcMap to IGNORE when it makes the polyline?



Answer



I just did a quick Google search ("join points in ESRI") and got a hit. You'll have to do the read up yourself, but at a glance. It looks to me like it will do the trick. Here ya go:


Points to lines


As for ignoring points, just make a seperate file and delete the points you want to ignore before you run the script. You'll still have them in the original file that way.


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...