Sunday 15 November 2015

Performing IDW interpolation in QGIS?


I am fairly new to to QGIS and I am trying to create a contoured map from point data. The points are regularly spaced at 3.5 metres apart and whenever I try and run the IDW interpolation in QGIS 3 it creates a layer that with the minimum and maximum value the same and nothing is visible in the screen.


I have tried the same in version 2.18 and it does create a layer with different values, but it is gridded and not contoured.


I have managed to use these tools before with other data sets, but I am properly stumped. I have tried different settings and values but nothing seems to give any different results in either version.


Picture 1 shows the layer from QGIS 3, picture 2 shows the settings from 2.18 and pictures 3 and 4 show the results from 2.18 being gridded with the red points laid over the top


Layer from QGIS 3


Settings


layer from 2.18


[gridded layer[1]





No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...