Wednesday 25 November 2015

qgis - Incorrect coordinates when reprojecting NAD27 to NAD83



I have some historic UTM coordinates as NAD27 (556787, 7169250) which I entered into a spreadsheet and have imported into QGIS.


I assign them the projection Nad27 / UTM zone 12N (EPSG: 26712)


I save as... Projection Nad 83 /UTM zone 12N (EPSG: 26912)


When I compare coordinates, the coordinate shift is different than what I know it should be (in particular, there is no east-west component to the transformation), and when I use a separate NTV2 transform there is a shift of ~ 30m north, 50m west.


I have looked at This help article which involves projecting across UTM zones, which I am not doing.


and This other help article which is solved by using a more robust version of the nad27 projection (EPSG: 26712 instead of EPSG:2027) which I am already doing


Am I missing something very simple here?


I am running QGIS 1.8.0 on window




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...