Wednesday 26 August 2015

geoprocessing - Polygons which are completely overlapped by second polygon - QGIS


I have multipolygon like here: image. And I have another, second polygon. Anyway I want to get only polygons which are completely overlapped by that second polygon. Intersection and clip in QGIS only cut the edges and that is, but like I said - I want only pieces (polygons) of this multipolygon which are completely overlapped by another.



Answer



Vector > Research Tools > Select By Location


Use the geometry predicate "are within" to select one layer using the other.


Save selection as a new layer.


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...