Thursday 27 August 2015

arcpy - Automatically marking all endpoints as exception in ArcGIS topology?


I have inherited a dataset of lines representing roads, which were inconsistently connected. I have applied the Must Not Have Dangles rule to fix the topology, but the visualized errors also include endpoints. In my situation, endpoints are not errors.


I know I can mark each endpoint as an exception using the Error Inspector, but I have over 5,000 points which are as such. Is there a way I can mark them systematically, so to focus on the undershoot/overshoot inconsistencies?



A Python approach would also do for me.



Answer



I have the same problem, but I solved it to some extent using the tool Feature Vertices to Points. You can specify the point type as DANGLE option, so you get only the free extremes of the lines, with all the their attributes and (the most useful) the dangle length. Then you can filter the points by selecting by attributes or location.


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...