Tuesday 18 August 2015

geocoding - How to reverse geocode with ArcMap?



What steps to I have to take in ArcMap (ArcEditor) to input a lat / long and return nearest address?


I found the Reverse Geocode tool but I can't figure out what to put in the "Input Features" and "Output Feature Class" fields or where to input my lat / long.



Answer



Reverse Geocode Tool Documentation.


Your data needs to be in a format that ArcGIS will recognize as a layer (shapefile, geodatabase feature class, etc.). If you just have XY's in a table, consider adding your table to ArcMap then using the add XY data tool to create a layer you can use in the reverse geocode tool.


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...