Saturday 22 August 2015

qgis - CSV format for a Transport Network


I am trying to display a network in QGIS. I have network line coordinates in a .csv file, stored in 4 columns: From_X, From_Y, To_X, To_Y.



I would like to import this file into QGIS but the option Layer> Add Layer from a Delimited Text File doesn't allow me to select more than two coordinates: X field and Y field.


Is there any option that I am missing? I have read some other questions talking about WKT, do I need my data in this format?



Answer



While the plugin snaileater suggested should work, I think you will have an easier time if you convert your 4 columns to WKT - as you already mentioned in the question - particularly, if there are other columns in the CSV (containing transport link attributes).


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...