Wednesday 19 August 2015

Converting/transforming coordinates from ETRS89 to WGS84 UTM 36N in QGIS


I am a student and just getting to know QGIS. At the moment I have to combine data which had been measured in ETRS89 with data in WGS84 UTM 36N. I created several vector layers for the data in ETRS89. Then I tried to transform the data into WGS84 by using "on the fly transformation" but it seemed to me that there was no change visible. The coordinates for one of our fixpoints are in WGS84 279000.000/4207000.000/1616.875 but QGIS shows me the coordinates 542000.00/4206000.00 (the height I can't even see).



How can I transform the coordinates?


I don't mean a change in projection I want to have a proper translation/conversion of the coordinates.


The more western points are the correct ones in the OpenStreetMap. I think we still not have solved the problem. May be I should explain it a little bit better... I have got some data of Turkish students. They contain measurement points which had been acquired with a total station. We also measured with a total station in the same area but we measured in WGS84 UTM 36N relying on fixpoints which had been set witch GPS.


If you now look at the data, there has to be a difference because the coordinates of our Turkish colleagues begin with 542.../420... and ours 279../420... and also the height is divergent. But I'm not quite sure whether the information of the Turkish student was correct that it is ETRS89.


I really don't know how I can bring this data together.




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...