Wednesday 26 August 2015

arcgis desktop - Only Interpolating within a polygon feature in ArcMap 10.1


I have sample points within a single polygon feature class that I would like to interpolate, likely using kriging. The problem is the sample points and polygon boundaries are many miles apart and therefore the kriging interpolates across these many miles. Is there anyway I could force the kriging to only interpolate within the polygons and not across what looks to be extents of the polygons. Another way of saying this is let's assume I have sample data points in Missouri and Ohio and I want to compare across these two states so any chance I could merge the 2 states in single feature class and interpolate them together? It just creates a big rectangle to the extents when I try kriging this data.



Answer



If you want to limit kriging to only interpolate within the polygons, you could adjust your Environment Settings. You can do this by selecting Geoprocessing - Environment Settings. Within there you should select Raster Analysis. This is where you can set the Mask for your workspace. Raster Analysis performed in your workspace will only be performed within the boundary of your set Mask. So, in your case, you would want to select that polygon layer as your Mask.


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...