Sunday 9 February 2020

qgis - How to convert a shapefile into OSM .PBF format


I have a large .gdbtable file (1.3 GB) with a road network that I would like to convert to .PBF format keeping the topology information.


I can load the .gdbtable file in QGIS so I thought it should be straightforward to write/export the file in .PBF but I cannot find this option. I would rather use QGIS to do this but an ArcGIS solution would be welcomed as well.


Any ideas on how to do this?




Answer



QGIS uses the GDAL OSM driver, which is read-only. So no chance to write .pbf files directly.


You might look into http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Ogr2osm to get .osm files out of OGR supported formats.


To get a .pbf file, you can use OSMconvert in a second step.


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...