Wednesday 5 February 2020

gps - Difference between Garmin eTrex Legend HCx and eTrex 30?


I have used etrex Legend HCx a lot and been satisfied. Now I've seen etrex 30 just for a while and it seems to me that the Legend is much more user friendly, good old menus with a lot of functionality, the display is great, whereas the display of etrex 30 feels a bit junky and cheap - it's kind of blurred.... I don't really understand why, as 30 is newer model. So why 30 seems to suck?


But I've not tested the eTrex 30 in the field. Can you please tell me what are the differences between these models? Is eTrex 30 more precise? I found no precision specificatin for it. For HCx it should be 15 meters.


I tried to find eTrex legend HCx on Garmin.com but I was not successful.



Answer




You can see a comparison table between the two on the Garmin website. The eTrex 30 supports GLONASS in addition to GPS, which (at least in theory) means more satellites and more accuracy.


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...