Tuesday 11 February 2020

Knowing acceleration, gyro and compass data how to calculate north direction



I have a small video camera with an attached sensor. I can get from the sensor his acceleration, gyro and compass data. Knowing this data I need to rotate the camera so that it will look strictly north.



I know how to rotate the camera, but how to calculate the right angle?


How can I do it? Or where can I read about it? Or, if this is not a right place to ask such a question, what is the right place?


EDIT:


All coordinates are in an Earth-fixed inertial frame.The compass and accelerometer readings are unit vectors, and the gyroscope readings are in radians per second




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...